Conditions of Sale and Returns policy
Modern Auto Midas is committed to offering consumers safe quality products of good value.
The Products supplied by Modern Auto Midas are suitable only for the purpose designed and intended and the Customer must ensure the Products are handled, stored, installed, used, worn, or otherwise dealt with in a normal and proper manner, and where applicable, in a manner consistent with the instructions given by the manufacturer.
- No returns will be accepted without proof of purchase.
- Goods incorrectly supplied must be returned within 10 days.
- No returns permitted if goods have been partially or entirely disassembled, or physically altered, or permanently installed, affixed, attached, joined, or added to, blended, or combined with, or embedded within other goods or fitted to other goods, unless defective or returned within the cooling off period described below.
- Please note Modern Auto Midas will not accept returns of any products of which the packaging has been removed, opened, or tampered with, unless the products are defective or returned within the cooling off period described below.
- We regret that for safety reasons we are unable to take return of electrical goods (unless these are defective) and no lubricants/chemicals can be returned if the seal is broken.
- Any returns must be in a saleable condition unless the return relates to defective products.
- All returned goods will be subject to a reasonable charge for repackaging and re stocking.
- We reserve the right to withhold a refund until the returned part has been examined and tested.
- Please ensure that you comply with manufacturer’s standards and specifications when using products purchased from Modern Auto Midas.
- Modern Auto Midas will only be responsible to attend to returns relating to defects in the products within 6 months of the date of purchase.
- If the products appear to be defective after 6 months from the date of purchase but within the manufacturer’s warranty period we may, at the customer’s request, send the goods to the manufacturer. The manufacturer will then decide whether the claim is valid, in accordance with their warranty policy.
- Product sold from this website carry the manufacturer’s warranty against faults and or defects.
Cooling-off period and cancellation
- In terms of section 44 of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act, 2002 (ECTA) if you are a natural person (as opposed to a legally registered corporate entity) you are entitled to cancel, without any reason and without any penalty, the purchase of any products within 7 days after receiving the products.
You will be responsible to pay for the cost of returning the products. Modern Auto Midas will refund any payment made in respect of the returned goods within 30 days of the date of cancellation.
Process for returns
- Please go to the site Modern Auto to log your return. You will then receive a returns reference number.
- Once you have completed this process package your product as you received it and return it to your local Modern Auto Midas store together with your returns reference number. The store will accept the parcel and follow the necessary processes.
- We do not guarantee that you will be automatically refunded in all circumstances. The decision to refund is solely at the discretion of the inspecting officer at the relevant warehouse. Once inspected a decision will be made and the result advised to you by email. This process can take up to 10 working days from receipt of your goods at the Midas store.
- Should the refund be approved it will take approximately 10 working days for the credit to show on your debit/credit card.